Thursday, January 25, 2018

Rejoicing Songs at Our Christian School

My hallway travels often take me past classrooms where students are busily working on a learning task. Hands busy with scissors or crayons are accompanied by voices singing out portions of a song they know, or a verse from a song learned in music class. JK/SK students right outside my office door, bundled up and waiting for the chance to go outside, softly (or loudly) sing some of their favorites. (See here for a 19 second video example) This kind of spontaneous musical moments make me smile. It is good for us to respond to God in song for the goodness and care he show us. 

I often thinking of the idea of God singing over us too.  “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

I heard an interview with a Christian song writer who had been working for thirty years to describe how great God’s love for his children is. He described his many years of getting words and music on paper as “just scratching the surface” of how incredibly immense God’s love for his people is. “It’s a concept just too big for a lifetime of singing” were his closing remarks.

God loves LCES immensely, that is for sure.  I see that when I observe the delight of parents describing how they and their children are blessed and encouraged in even the most seemingly trivial parts of their day. I marvel in it when in my travels as principal I hear stories of God’s provision of exactly what we need as a school at the time we need it most. I hear it in the happy sounds of children playing, learning and living together in community that know who it is that made them, and loves them. I know it in a new way when I hear the joy of enquiring families at discovering our school. I cherish it when I realize that God had plans to bless our organization in ways that were far outside what we ever could have expected or imagined.

When find ourselves wondering what we out to do, grow animated or flustered with the challenges that loom large, or worry ourselves into a position of feeling precarious,  a shoulder check to look for the big picture of God’s love is wise.  Our God, who own “the cattle on a thousand hills.” (Psalm 50:1) stands ready to “rejoice over us with singing.”


SJ

1 comment:

  1. Children are the most precious resource God has entrusted us with. They are made in His image.

    ReplyDelete